Monday, May 17, 2010

Never fails...

Sure, it's beautiful this week.  I take last week off and it was cold and rained all bloody week -- no gardening or bike rides as I had hoped.  Friday was nice and I finally got out for a slow, tourist-like ride around the lakes and the Greenway to the river.  Stopped by HCHQ and chatted with the lads and then got to play Make-A-Wish  for Snak Shak; a couple of local folks stopped by the Falls and drank beers in the utterly gorgeous Minneapolis evening.

Well, at least I was able to accomplish one goal last week: I got all of the junk out of the office and organized it a bit.  Two car loads of junk.  That's a lot of junk.

3 comments:

Snak Shak said...

Congratulations on slowing down for the tourist-like ride. That's also something I am aspiring to. Thanks for the meet up; It was good to finally meet you in person.

rlove2bike said...

IMO...Nothing wrong with slow tourist-like rides. I like those every now and then. In fact I make quite a few of them...some not by choice.

Lanny said...

I, too, am mostly touristy and slow. Often I will complete the picture by veering suddenly to peer at a garden or street sign. Keeps the pathletes guessing. Nothing like a confused lycroid to make a man feel strong.

Also, B. Yam, I am hosting a party in which a pig shall be roasted in the style of our cuban friends. Care to join? Email me at lannyhoff @ the whole gmail thing.