Monday, December 14, 2009

Bicycle handling clinic



 It snowed last night here in Minneapolis and the streets have taken on the consistency of Bisquick -- the combination of sand and churned, compacted snow create a treacherous riding surface.  I've shod the mountain bike with the Nokians, but studs aren't really all that helpful in this greasy semi-powder.  It's tiring, tricky riding and bouncing from one rut to another is quite a test for one's ability to keep upright and moving forward.  What a long, slow trip it's been...

Santa, baby, it may be difficult to stuff down a chimney, what with the giant tires, put please stuff one of these in my sock this year:



3 comments:

The Old Bag said...

Funny, we wrote the same Dear Santa letter!

Joboo said...

that's funny here too.
Santa is bring me a Pugsley all be it might not be by x-mas, but it could be before new years!!
at least he got my Large Marge wheels before they ran out the other day!!
Here's to Fat tires!!

Peace,
Joboo

Snak Shak said...

I bought a used Pug the winter of 2007 and ended up selling it in 2008 to somebody that really wanted to use it for a winter commuter. Now that winter is here again, I find I am regretting that decision somewhat. They look so cool, but I found that I didn't ride it all that much, so it's probably the "right" decision, but if I had unlimited money and storage space, I would have kept that bike for special occasions. Riding down the Creek on it was awesome once, and it totally sucked the second time (snow depth matters a lot). Those tires are not as versatile as you would think.